Tuesday, February 5, 2008

grmph, I just don't understand

I was just reading PZ's latest posting when my eye gets diverted to the ad, I usually don't look at them but I don't know why I all of a sudden focused on that word in it, "faith".  From that moment I had to see what it was about, well here it is:

http://fusenow.org/why_faith_communities.html

Why would they want to exclude by their own admission 20% of the population just because that 20% does not adhere to dogma, I just don't get it, that charity does not have "faith" based goal, on the contrary it is a goal that is quite secular and a secular organization with that same goal would have been able to speak to 100% of the world population, oh, well, I sent them a message to that effect and am off to bed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Samuel Skinner
It is the classic "we don't care what you believe, as long as you believe" liberal version of faith. Because remember kids only by telling people about an afterlife will you be able to remove the dreariness of their lives which is caused by preparing for the afterlife.