Friday, February 15, 2008

Another gunman in a school in the US

But this isn't about awful and senseless shooting
A witness had this to say:

"I kept thanking God, over and over," she said. "I didn't even know what else to do."

And that just about sums it all up, when all else fails, when you don't know what else to do, if thinking about and thanking god can keep you calm and quiet in that situation then it has worked for you (off course it doesn't mean it's true)
And in such a situation you're probably not going to think any further that this god you are thanking is (by your rational) also responsible for the dead people and the whole situation you're in at that moment, no, at that time it comforts you and keeps you quiet and it probably is a survival technique.
But to base your whole life on a thought you have in a crisis situation and claim some truth value for that thought is just ridiculous.

In such situations I'll try to just be quiet on my own accord and I'll keep thinking about ways to get out of that situation instead of filling my head with nonsense.

And also it is a mystery to me why every news item now seems to have to include a witness statement with a god claim in it

No comments: